Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm Back

I have often been asked "How do you do it all? Three kids, a full time job, cooking, etc., etc." My stock answer is, "I don't". So these last 2 weeks, I didn't do it all. I'm sorry, but I couldn't get to the blog. Hopefully, you are all still out there - those who comment and the silent majority that comment verbally or through emails. I am here, officially back. Everyone complains that they have too much to do so I'm not going to go on and on about how the holidays put my schedule into fifth gear. I actually have no reason to complain. I didn't have much in the way of gift shopping. The only people I buy gifts for these days are my kids and a couple of others - not much in comparison to earlier years. My husband and I didn't exchange and used the weekend in NY to be our gift (I secretly had hoped I would get an IPhone but...). I didn't even decorate, Tony did it. Then I was off work for the week between Christmas and New Year's. A great thing when you don't have travel plans which, in my case, involves cramming whatever personal work I have to do in half the time and then there is the packing. I guess I will never learn how to be frugal in that area. How can I leave with less than 6 pair of shoes (it's true, ask Tony). I know that sounds excessive, but I like to have options. All this time, you would think I would have had time to write a small paragraph, a spot or posted a "Gone Shopping" notice on the blog. I didn't even tell you what a nice time Tony and I had New Year's Eve at a local restaurant. I danced with my son who had to work the restaurant that night (for the third year in a row). At his age, I would have died if I had to tell my friends I spent New Year's Eve with my parents. Considering the situation, he seemed to enjoy it too. So life is good. I started the new year dancing, and I'm falling back into the routine. Hmm, maybe I was better off dancing.

No comments: